Set up in 1959.
Its priority lines of activities are:
- research and development of promising functional materials and products with predictable properties on the basis of refractory compounds and their composites, of capacitor ceramics, dielectric, ferrite and piezoelectric materials for microelectronics, mechanical engineering etc.;
- development of advanced technologies to produce substances and materials with high operation performances (mechanical strength, magnetic and electric properties);
- commercialization of the materials developed and R&D backup to their introduction; manufacturing of test samples and small-scale batches of functional materials.
Scientists of ‘Reactivelectron’ R&D Center secured over 700 inventor's certificates and patents, developed and commercialized over 600 materials and 50 world-class production technologies, won a USSR State Prize and three State Prizes of Ukraine for developing technologies and organizing industrial production.
‘Reactivelectron’ R&D Center has recently developed:
- a series of novel powdered and layered composite materials for high-current railway collectors. Current-collector linings made of these composites have operating performances superior to foreign analogs and are widely used on Ukrainian railways;
- composite magnetic abrasive powders on the basis of transition-metal and iron carbides for magnetic abrasive finishing treatment of parts in mechanical engineering, metal-working and other industries. Parameters of these powders are above their international analogs. Magnetic abrasive powders are exported to Germany, Switzerland, Japan and Korea;
- production methods and process control in sintering of nanodisperse and nanostructured powders of complex oxide systems. Nanostructural piezoceramic elements with ultra- high values of piezosensitivity, piezoelectic modulus and temperature stability were made on the basis of lead zirconate-titanate. They are to be used in state-of-the-art vibration transducers and seismic sensors. Novel nanostructural materials have passed trials in medical therapeutic and diagnostic equipment and in seismic sensors of emission control in mines;
- a new generation of composite magnetic fingerprint powders and suspensions in various colors, with internationally competitive properties. The fingerprint powders are used in criminal investigations by all regional agencies of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine.