Research and Engineering Center for Development and Introduction of Technologies to Use Ammonium Carbonate Compounds in Agriculture (‘АКСО’ REC)
50 Kharkivske Highway, 02160, Kyiv, UkrainePhone: (044) 559 1645; fax: 559 3754
Founded on July, 18, 1991.
Its main research areas are:
- development of scientific principles for producing and employing novel integral chemical-and-biological means for plants to mobilize phosphorus contained in sparingly soluble soil phosphates and phosphoric fertilizers;
- development of scientific fundamentals for formulating and using new agrochemicals in agriculture and forestry.
Principal achievements and developments:
- Over 20 technologies to use novel efficient environment-friendly agrochemicals based on biologically active substances, trace elements and plant protectants have been developed and introduced to farming industry (crop and fodder production) and forestry.
- Novel growth-promoting preparations of phytohormonal action have been formulated, patented and put to use; they are able to activate the processes of biological symbiotic and associative nitrogen fixation, ensure higher crop yields and a better quality of plant products.
- A technique for identifying genotypes of local winter wheat with high adaptive ability to conditions of scarce phosphoric nutrition has been developed.