Founded on January 16, 1987.
Principal research areas of the Institute are:
– chemistry of biologically active peptides, albumines, nucleic acids and their constituents;
– chemical models of biological processes, synthesis and studies of biological properties of new bioregulators for application in medicine and agriculture;
– development of scientific fundamentals of the synthesis and technology of obtaining practically important products and materials from hydrocarbon raw materials.
Main achievements of the Institute:
New scientific trends have been started and advanced, among them are:
- chemistry of bioregulation processes; within the framework of this trend validated and developed were new concepts concerning bioregulation stereotypes of the action of biologically active substances in general, and low-molecular bioregulators in particular, on cell signalling systems;
– cluster and nanocluster catalysis of radical reactions, which opened up new possibilities in developing whole new stabilizers of oil products oxidation (catalytic antioxidants in the events of chain breaking) and conditions for selectivity control in radical-chain processes of organic compounds oxidation.
New methods for stereoselective synthesis of hetero-organic analogs of natural compounds were elaborated; high-efficiency reagents for producing compounds of heterocyclic nature were developed; the structure and properties of thrombine, phosphatase, lipoxygenase, phospholipase were studied; antisignature oligodezoxyribonucleotides – general-purpose antimicrobial agents – were synthesized; a concept to describe mechanisms of heterogenic-catalytic carbonium-ionic transformations of hydrocarbons involving primary carbocations was advanced; a thermodynamic interpretation of hysteresis phenomena in heterogenic systems was proposed; the phenomenon of vibrational adsorption was discovered.
Major developments of the Institute:
new-generation plant-growth regulators (12 substances are authorized for use in Ukraine); first domestic high-efficiency fungicide to control mycotic diseases of corn and vegetable crops; novel medicinal preparations; new catalysts for oil-refining and petrochemical processes; a technology for anticorrosive protection of pipelines and metal structures; pollution-free motor oils on the basis of renewable raw materials; technological liquids for oil and gas production; technologies of chemical and chemico-biological solidification of dust-producing areas, which helped confine radionuclide spread after Chornobyl accident.